Sunday, January 30, 2011

Introduction

First post. Hmmmm... why? I've decided to use this blog to primarily document the building of our home in Salt Lake City, Utah. My family and I will be relocating to the Salt Lake area in June. We've been out there a couple of times to look at houses but nothing has yet blown us away. After doing some research, it turns out that with the real estate market the way it is right now, we can design and build a home and still stay within our price range. The only caveat is that we would have to be willing to live in temporary housing until construction is complete. After much discussion, my wife and I decided to design and build. I'll get more into greater details at a later date, but let me rewind... in Q&A fashion.


Q: Why is your blog called "Board-Certified Ninja?"
A: It came to me in a flash. I found out I had passed my cardiology boards while in Salt Lake City home shopping and looking at schools for my daughter. Ninja is what some of my friends and co-workers call me. It stems from this YouTube video and I've been called worse before so I don't mind it.


Q: Why the blog?
A: Like I said, it is mostly to document the building of our home. It seemed like an interesting way to document (hopefully not for legal purposes) the entire build process from conception of design to aftercare issues. As time allows, I'll try to include all the issues and headaches that go into the entire process and hopefully some helpful advice that springs from my experience. This blog is mostly for me and my family, but if people happen to stumble upon it, hopefully it can provide some insight into an intimidating project.

Q: Will there be any other content on your blog?
A: Like any other guy out there, I'm quite the gadget freak so I may incorporate my thoughts and feelings about "life-changing" gadgets and those that are not worth your time and money. Again, this will be based on my own experiences and nothing else. I'm also thinking about a section devoted to my fellow cardiology fellows (content yet to be determined but something probably along the lines of recommended resources, books and cardiology board prep).

So that's it in a nutshell. Updates will likely be sporadic until the build process really ramps up and I really won't tell anyone about this blog until I ramp up the content. I hope my family finds this entertaining. I'm going to enjoy documenting the process from start to finish and then looking back at it once everything is said and done.

No comments:

Post a Comment